(And want to get The Morning Email each weekday? Sign up here.)
WHY THE NUCLEAR OPTION IS LOOKING POSSIBLE Republicans need 8 Democrats to vote for President Donald Trump?s Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, to reach the 60 votes required to confirm him this week without the invocation of the nuclear option. So far they have three. Here?s how every Senate Democrat intends to vote. [HuffPost]
WHITE HOUSE FINISHES NORTH KOREAN RESPONSE OVERVIEWThe completion of the economic and military sanctions list was accelerated for Trump to discuss with China?s President Xi Jinping this week. [Reuters]
?HOW UBER USES PSYCHOLOGICAL TRICKS TO PUSH ITS DRIVERS? BUTTONS? ?Employing hundreds of social scientists and data scientists, Uber has experimented with video game techniques, graphics and noncash rewards of little value that can prod drivers into working longer and harder ? and sometimes at hours and locations that are less lucrative for them.? [NYT]
PHOTOS SHOW THE AFTERMATH OF THE DEVASTATING FLOODS IN COLOMBIA Which killed over 250 people this weekend. [HuffPost]
WHY ALL THESE NATIONAL MONUMENTS WERE LIT BLUE LAST NIGHT Including the White House and Empire State Building. [HuffPost]
?GAY MEN ARE BEING ROUNDED UP AND KILLED IN CHECHNYA? ?A Chechen spokesman denied the report, saying, ?You cannot arrest or repress people who just don?t exist.?? [HuffPost]
?I?LL TAKE ANY JOB? Meet the Syrian refugees looking for work in America. [HuffPost]
THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS? When they trolled the Oscars for that best picture flub. Miranda Lambert thanked her fans for sharing in her ?heartbreak? after winning Album and Female Vocalist of The Year. We could not love this Tim McGraw-Faith Hill performance any more. The Backstreet Boys apparently do country now? And here?s a full list of winners. [HuffPost]
LIAM NEESON MAY HAVE JUST FOUND THE MOST LIAM NEESON ROLE As the detective who all American detectives are based on ? Philip Marlowe. [Variety]
UNC AND GONZAGA MAY BE GOING TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR MEN?S COLLEGE BASKETBALL But the historic upset of the women?s UConn basketball team by Mississippi State, ending their 111-game winning streak, was one for the record books. It might have been topped by South Carolina beating Mississippi State to take home the school?s first NCAA national title. [HuffPost]
CHANDLER HAS IT COMING Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau challenged Matthew Perry to a rematch of their schoolyard fight, and we?ve got to say our money?s on Trudeau. [HuffPost]
BEFORE YOU GO
- Ratings vs scandal: Bill O?Reilly may be seeing the ratings of his life at Fox News, but news broke over the weekend that he settled sexual harassment suits for $13 million with five women.
- What everyone is worth in the Trump White House.
- A deadly carbon monoxide leak at a hotel pool left one teen dead and 12 hospitalized.
- The search continues for 22 seamen of a massive South Korean cargo ship that sank over the weekend.
- The LA Times went after Trump with a scathing editorial series.
- It?s looking worse and worse for Mike Flynn: The White House confirms he did not disclose income from Russian companies on a February financial disclosure form.
- The internet swooned over John Cena?s proposal to Nikki Bella during WrestleMania, while also mourning the retirement of The Undertaker.
- This Washington Post piece on the struggle of the DEA to combat the opioid industry is worth a read.
- The Boston Globe took a look at the ?new wave of Kennedys.?
- Why you should care about the hashtag #ThanksForTyping.
- Yes, throwing ?Veep? music over a Trump presser is always a good idea.
- In praise of Nicole Kidman?s standout performance last night on the ?Big Little Lies? finale.
- Understanding Amal Clooney?s work as a human rights lawyer.
– This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.